American Red Cross shelters are available to families and individuals impacted by the Arkansas River Flooding.
The following shelter locations are open:
- Evangel Temple, 1110 South 12 Street, Fort Smith
- Dardanelle Community Center, 2011 State Highway 22, Dardanelle (temporary pet shelter available at Yell County Fairgrounds)
- River Park Church of Christ, 1010 Lock and Dam Road, Russellville
- Don Owens Center, 10 Lower Ridge Road, Conway
- (location includes a temporary pet shelter provided by the Faulkner County Animal Response Team)
- North Little Rock Community Center, 2700 Willow Street, North Little Rock
- Dyer Community Building, 325 Loomis Lane, Dyer
- Swan Lake Fire Station, 14997 Hwy 88 S., Altheimer
- Wright/Pastoria Community Center, 8550 Surrat Rd, Wright
- Southeast Arkansas College-Seabrook (Old YMCA), 6808 Hazel Street, Pine Bluff
- Family Church, 2309 Poplar Street, Pine Bluff
And one independent shelter location at the First Baptist Church, 100 W. Main St. in Lavaca.
Identification and/or proof of residency is NOT required to be admitted to a Red Cross shelter. Individuals and families are encouraged to bring the following items with them:
- clothing for a few days
- essential medication
- a child’s stuffed animal, blanket or other items for your children
Emergency App w/Shelter info:
Anyone who needs to find a shelter may visit redcross.org/shelter, download the free Red Cross Emergency App or call 1-800-REDCROSS (1-800-733-2767). The Emergency App is available in app stores by searching for the American Red Cross or going to redcross.org/apps.
Designate Safe and Well:
The American Red Cross encourages those in areas affected by severe storms to list themselves as “safe and well” online at https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/. Family and friends may then search for the name of anyone they are trying to locate on this site.